Author Topic: Enertia Review  (Read 13992 times)

Offline slowcharles

• Hero
Enertia Review
« on: April 15, 2008, 04:05:49 PM BST »
While out at Brammo I had a chance to do a short test of the Enertia. So here is a little review of my thoughts. As an aside I use a 50cc Honda Ruckus to get to work so I have a little sense of perspective on the Enertia.

The Name

The worst of it first. I know 'Enertia' is some kind of electrical term but why chose a name so close to the word inertia. Why not call it the couchpotato why you are at it. I cannot think of a more stupid name for a motorbike. I mean my bike cannot get over 35mph but because it is called the Ruckus I always feels something exciting might happen. The hawk, the fireblade, the ninja,fat hog......... these are all bike names. So please consider a name change.

The Looks

I was always less then impressed by the looks of the Enertia when I saw photos. However in person it looks very good, well balanced, futuristic but not cheasy.. The carbon fiber looks especially good. I would not choose the puke orange color as it is hard on the eyes. Nevertheless it looks well put together and ergonomically sound. I would not be ashamed to be seen on it but then again I am not ashamed to be seen on my Ruckus-which maybe indicates a shamelessness on my part Basically the Enertia is a work of art design-wise much as the Atom is.

The Ride

The Enertia is a hot little bike to ride. The torque is immediate and you always feel that it constantly wanting to wheely. It can easily get up to 55mph very quickly and feels fast enough for anything but the highway. The instant acceleration is a lot of fun and can actually be considered a big safety plus. The bike is very balanced which also adds to the fun of the experience. Brammo agreed they need to work on the map for the accelerator which should be no big deal. There are no gears as of yet but they are working on a prototype of a clutch which will help moderate the power

The Sound

It does not sound like a motorbike or even a scooter. More like a supercharged bicycle. I actually liked it.

Conclusion

The enertia has various things I would want improved before I bought one but it is a very very exciting product. It is the future for all vehicles, maybe the immediate future. And I feel it is a future that atom owners should welcome.

To buy one of these for $14k these are things I would want to see.

1) High speed raised to at least 80mph- maybe even 100mph
2) Range raised to 150 miles
3) Some kind of dealer support- those batteries look scary to replace

If they achieve this I am sending in my deposit.

MadMaxedAtom

Re: Enertia Review
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:30:58 PM BST »
$14K?? For an ugly,underpowered hippo weight electric bicycle? Are you insane?

I believe my name for the bike should seriously be considered:

THE ENEMA

If you are going to flush the crap out of your customers,might as well have a fitting name.

Offline AtomFun

• Saddo
  • Sunny South Wales, UK
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 04:34:37 PM BST »
Lets hope Brammo provide better support for those parting with their ca$h than was afforded to those who purchased an Atom!

Based of recent threads
JC
Skype ID: atomfun
Atom 245 Since 5th November 2005
Bridgend, South Wales, UK

Offline slowcharles

• Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 07:08:38 PM BST »
Lets hope Brammo provide better support for those parting with their ca$h than was afforded to those who purchased an Atom!

Based of recent threads

To be honest I got incredible support as did most other with the marked exception of the 300hp issue which pissed off numerous people. Apart from that they were very impressive in most respect.

As for the electric bike being overweight- I disagree totally. Its actually pretty lithe. Its is also a lot of fun. I wasn't hopeful before I tried it- but Brammo has the germination of something promising.Your post is like saying "$80k for a car without a roof"??? It is a specialized vehicle with huge potential

MadMaxedAtom

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 07:32:26 PM BST »
No Charles. Comparing the Enema to other two wheeled vehicles is what I am talking about.

For 14 large you can buy a neat 250 Honda,Suzuki,Yamaha etc that will return 100+ miles to the gallon of fuel,has unlimited range,can be serviced anywhere (not that they ever break down...) and will be TONS faster.

AND...with the leftover money, buy the worlds FASTEST production motorcycle (ZX14) for those "frisky" days.  :tu:

and STILL have money left over.

OR...buy the Enema. 60 miles to the plug-in,50 mph. top speed, NO resale value once you get bored with it,and Brammo customer service ::) ::) ::)  I'd have to wear a paper bag over my head to ride that...thing! >:(

Geee....wonder what most two wheel enthusiasts would do.

This whole "green" thing is laughable at best.

With Brammos track record, you will be lucky to make it home the first time out on your Enema ;D

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:37:27 PM BST by QQQQ »

Offline whooops

• Deeply Saddo
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 08:05:07 PM BST »
but tell us how you really feel  ;D

After reading a bit about the potential for electric vehicles it was cool to see how far the technology has advanced despite the lack of support from the automobile industry. 

MadMaxedAtom

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 08:16:19 PM BST »
I think electric cars will be a good thing,once CLEAN electricity is available.

However,making an electric two wheeled vehicle is like answering a question that NO ONE has asked.

There simply is no good reason to do it.

Leave it to Brammo to be the "leader" in a one horse race to nowhere. :doh:

Offline silver

• Atom
  • LEWISVILLE, TX USA
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 08:22:56 PM BST »

For 14 large you can buy a neat 250 Honda,Suzuki,Yamaha etc that will return 100+ miles to the gallon of fuel,has unlimited range,can be serviced anywhere (not that they ever break down...) and will be TONS faster.

AND...with the leftover money, buy the worlds FASTEST production motorcycle (ZX14) for those "frisky" days.  :tu:

and STILL have money left over.

OR...buy the Enema. 60 miles to the plug-in,50 mph. top speed, NO resale value once you get bored with it,and Brammo customer service ::) ::) ::)  I'd have to wear a paper bag over my head to ride that...thing! >:(

Geee....wonder what most two wheel enthusiasts would do.

This whole "green" thing is laughable at best.

I agree with everything above, and deleted the parts that do not apply to me.  It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when a motorcycle is already the most fuel efficient gas vehicle, why would you bother trying to improve it.......it's like trying to clean up purified water and spending millions on it in the U.S. when it's already 99.99% clean versus spending money on recycling waste water into drinking water for people in Africa who don't have running water.  DUMB
Atom ordered 9/15/06 #60 Blue panels and fenders Dark grey frame Arrived 3/16/07!!
LED upgrades:
turn signals, reverse and licence plate lights
HID Hi / Lo
Safety washers on all rod ends
Harrop swap 60 lb injectors air intake fortress performance exhaust

Offline whooops

• Deeply Saddo
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 08:32:02 PM BST »
wow, Brammo made 5.5 Million last year.  I'm no business man but I'd rather stay in the Atom business.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/25/smbusiness/electric_motorcycles.fsb/index.htm?postversion=2008032514

Offline slowcharles

• Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 09:36:16 PM BST »
wow, Brammo made 5.5 Million last year.  I'm no business man but I'd rather stay in the Atom business.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/25/smbusiness/electric_motorcycles.fsb/index.htm?postversion=2008032514

Unfortunately revenue does not equal net income. If expenes are above $5.5 million there will be a loss instead

Offline apollyon25

• Atom
  • Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 09:36:40 PM BST »
FYI, Battery technology is improving all the time...
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2007/12/toshiba-launche.html
Jared - Auckland, NZ
245HP UK Atom 3. Ordered 1st Nov 06. Arrived 15th Jan 08

Offline slowcharles

• Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 09:41:03 PM BST »
I am not saying that the enertia is the bees knees right now. I am saying that it is a first step on a very interesting path. I am telling you- electric bikes are cool! I mean when the first cars came out they went 5mph and belched smoke and cost a fortune. The Enertia is the Ford Model T. In 10 years most bikes will be electric imho.

Offline whooops

• Deeply Saddo
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 09:45:01 PM BST »

Unfortunately revenue does not equal net income. If expenes are above $5.5 million there will be a loss instead

Obviously they did not need 50+ people,  But TMI with a small group of people making enough cars to bring in $5.5M would be a sweet little operation. 

Offline AtomFun

• Saddo
  • Sunny South Wales, UK
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 09:55:18 PM BST »

I don't yhink Brammo 'made' $5.5 million last year.

Quote:
Now the 35-employee firm, which had 2007 revenues of $5.5 million. BIG Difference!

They might have made a loss!
JC
Skype ID: atomfun
Atom 245 Since 5th November 2005
Bridgend, South Wales, UK

Offline whooops

• Deeply Saddo
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 10:08:39 PM BST »
I know guys that it was not profit.  Obviously they lost more money than they made or they would still have the business going.